This is my take on my mother's and grandmother's Spanakopita. Since they never measured anything (and I have also adopted this wacky cooking style) these are my best approximation on measurements. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion, green onions and garlic, salt and pepper to taste, until soft in 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2Stir in spinach and parsley,until spinach is limp.
- 3Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 4in a bowl mix together eggs, ricotta, and feta.
- 5Stir in spinach mixture.
- 6Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in a 9x9 in baking dish and brush lightly with melted butter.
- 7Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with butter, and repeat with four more sheets of phyllo.
- 8Spread spinach and cheese mixture into pan and place another 6 sheets of phyllo in the same process as before.
- 9Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 10Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Greek Spinach Pie (Spanakopita)
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 504.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 14.2 g