Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my take on my mother's and grandmother's Spanakopita. Since they never measured anything (and I have also adopted this wacky cooking style) these are my best approximation on measurements. Enjoy!
- Saute onion, green onions and garlic, salt and pepper to taste, until soft in 3 or 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Stir in spinach and parsley,until spinach is limp.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- in a bowl mix together eggs, ricotta, and feta.
- Stir in spinach mixture.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in a 9x9 in baking dish and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with butter, and repeat with four more sheets of phyllo.
- Spread spinach and cheese mixture into pan and place another 6 sheets of phyllo in the same process as before.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve while hot.