Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Kotopoulo Riganato tis Skaras
Make and share this Zesty Chicken Oregano recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Place chicken in ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch oblong pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except the lemon slices) together.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook uncovered, spooning oil mixture over chicken occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook until thickest pieces are done, about another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
A tried and true favorite. It's easy to make and the entire family loves it.
I have made this for the Zaar World Tour II. I really liked this recipe!! I thought that it was going to be really greasy but it wasn't. The taste was very good and had a distinctness. I will definatly be making this again!! It's a keeper!! KUDOS!!