Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is a modification from the winner of a couscous contest put on by Near East. We left out the green onions. We also used grape tomatoes instead of regular to add flavor. Very good!
- 1 cup couscous, prepared according to box
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Can be served hot or cold. If served hot, put zucchini in with couscous as it is being cooked (we prefer it hot). If served cold, chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Prepare couscous according to box directions using chicken broth or water, adding the black pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Once couscous has reached proper consistency, add remaining ingredients.
This was a super easy-to-prepare recipe that made a great take-along lunch. I made this exactly as posted, but found this to be a bit on the dry side, so I whipped up some more dressing to add in. Thanks for sharing this healthful dish.
Absolutely loved this recipe!! It served 2 as a quick main dish dinner on a busy worknight and it fit the bill- fast, healthy and best of all, yummy! The lemon stands out but is not overpowering and goes wonderfully with the black pepper. I grated the zucchini to make the preparation faster and it blended in beautifully. I did leave out the olive oil to make it healthier- Weight Watchers may like to know this whole recipe minus the oil and feta is 9 points. I used a low fat feta which added 2 points. I'll be making this often. Made for PAC Spring 2010.