Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From: Nychterida Restaurant, Akrotiri, Crete, Chef-owner Babis Mastoridis. recipe printed in the Greek Gourmet Traveler Summer 2006 edition. From looking at the picture accompanying the recipe, I'd say the dish is probably in an 8X8 baking dish. Prep (includes sitting time) and Cook time is an approximation.
- Thinly slice the zucchini.
- Place in a colander in layers, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- Let drain for several hours.
- Mix the drained zucchini with the thinly sliced potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Spread one layer of potatoes on bottom of pan.
- Spread soft cheese on top.
- Cover with a layer of zucchini.
- Sift a thin layer of flour over the mixture and spread a little of mint and cheese.
- Repeat the procedure.
- Spread a final layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle the sesame on the top of the dish.
- Cook in a medium oven at 350F (170°C) for one and a half hours.
- Let cool slightly and serve.