3 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
From: Nychterida Restaurant, Akrotiri, Crete, Chef-owner Babis Mastoridis. recipe printed in the Greek Gourmet Traveler Summer 2006 edition. From looking at the picture accompanying the recipe, I'd say the dish is probably in an 8X8 baking dish. Prep (includes sitting time) and Cook time is an approximation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thinly slice the zucchini.
- 2Place in a colander in layers, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- 3Let drain for several hours.
- 4Mix the drained zucchini with the thinly sliced potatoes in a large bowl.
- 5Add the tomatoes.
- 6Lightly oil a large baking dish.
- 7Spread one layer of potatoes on bottom of pan.
- 8Spread soft cheese on top.
- 9Cover with a layer of zucchini.
- 10Sift a thin layer of flour over the mixture and spread a little of mint and cheese.
- 11Repeat the procedure.
- 12Spread a final layer of cheese.
- 13Sprinkle the sesame on the top of the dish.
- 14Cook in a medium oven at 350F (170°C) for one and a half hours.
- 15Let cool slightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini and Cretan Cheese Pie With Nigella Seeds
Serving Size: 1 (704 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1517.3
- Calories from Fat 1061
- Total Fat 117.9 g
- Saturated Fat 61.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.8 mg
- Sodium 1829.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 76.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: