An interesting salad recipe taken from the 1995 cookbook Greek Cooking.
Make and share this Zucchini and Red Pepper Salad (Greece) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut both ends off each small zucchini, then core, seed & thinly slice the red bell pepper.
- Place zucchini & red bell pepper in boiling salted water & cook for 2 minutes, then drain & arrange on serving plate.
- Zest the lemon into long, thin strips/curls (The original recipe calls for blanching the zest for 2 minutes, but I don't.), then juice the lemon.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, chopped basil, salt, pepper & sugar.
- Pour over vegetables while they are still warm, then sprinkle with lemon zest & serve.