Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cheerful specks of orange and green make these light pancakes otherworldly and beautiful! A good way to get the kids to eat veggies! Adapted from Mollie Katzen's Sunlight Cafe cookbook.
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups grated zucchini (packed)
- 2 cups grated carrots (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- cooking spray
- butter (optional)
- fresh mint leaves
- sour cream
- tomato jam
- mango ketchup
- Combine the eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and beat with a whisk until frothy.
- Gradually beat in the zucchini, carrot, scallion, and herbs. keep beating as you sprinkle in the flour.
- Place a griddle or skillet over medium heat. After a few minutes, spray with cooking spray. At this point, you may also melt in a little butter if you wish.
- When the griddle is hot, use a 1/4 cup measuring cup with a handle to scoop up batter and pour it onto the hot griddle. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side, or until golden and crisp.
- Serve hot, plain or topped with a dab of sour cream or yogurt and some minced fresh mint leaves.
- For a special touch, serve with a side fo mushrooms and pass a small dish of Mango ketchup or Tomato jam. Enjoy!