1/1 Photo of Zucchini Fritters
Try this with pumpkin too. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly salt the grated zucchini and put in a colander to drain for 1/2 an hour.
- 2Get out as much water as you can by squeezing the zucchini between your hands, before proceeding with recipe.
- 3Lightly saute the onion and green onion in 1 tblsp olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- 4In a bowl, combine the zucchini with the onion and add the feta, egg and dill.
- 5When this is combined well, add the flour, a little at a time, until you have a very soft dough.
- 6Take a tablespoonful of the zucchini dough and drop into a the flour you've put aside for dredging.
- 7Gently press down on the dough to give it a pillowey-disk shape.
- 8Turn over and dredge other side.
- 9Do this to a number of fritters (as many as you think will fit into your frying pan at one go without over-crowding).
- 10Heat oil (we use olive oil here in Greece, but a vegetable oil could be used instead) over medium heat and, when hot, add fritters.
- 11Fry until deep golden-brown on both sides.
- 12Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 13Repeat, using up remaining fritter dough.
- 14Note: Grated pumkin can be used in place of the zucchini.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g