Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Try this with pumpkin too. Yummy!
Make and share this Zucchini Fritters recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly salt the grated zucchini and put in a colander to drain for 1/2 an hour.
- Get out as much water as you can by squeezing the zucchini between your hands, before proceeding with recipe.
- Lightly saute the onion and green onion in 1 tblsp olive oil in a non-stick skillet.
- In a bowl, combine the zucchini with the onion and add the feta, egg and dill.
- When this is combined well, add the flour, a little at a time, until you have a very soft dough.
- Take a tablespoonful of the zucchini dough and drop into a the flour you've put aside for dredging.
- Gently press down on the dough to give it a pillowey-disk shape.
- Turn over and dredge other side.
- Do this to a number of fritters (as many as you think will fit into your frying pan at one go without over-crowding).
- Heat oil (we use olive oil here in Greece, but a vegetable oil could be used instead) over medium heat and, when hot, add fritters.
- Fry until deep golden-brown on both sides.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat, using up remaining fritter dough.
- Note: Grated pumkin can be used in place of the zucchini.
As always, an Evelyn winner! I read through dozens of zucchini fritter recipes, but liked this one because of the feta. Evelyn, I wanted to do a photo, but I halved the recipe (we're 2 diners right now) and made large fritters (my mother would call them "rude"!) I added coarse black pepper, did not have dill so added some fresh herbs. Whatever -- they worked beautifully even with a full egg. Delicious, thank you!!
You would have been so proud of me, Ev. I was so close to making these babies w/o a single chg when I realized there was no garlic in the mix, so I added it of course. They get a 5 anyway, so justice was served. After all the rich food we had in the US, I was ready to chow down on a good veggie dish & this filled the need. Yum! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
Yummy!! Easy, healthy and tastes great Had my kids begging me to make more in the same sitting. Thanks for the recipe