1/2 Photos of Zucchini Fritters (Kolokithopitta)
1 hr 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6 for Greece Region: These tasty fritters are very easy to prepare and can be served as a side dish or as a light snack on their own. Found on Authentic Greek Recipes website. Not sure of the amount of servings but I'm guessing for an appetizer or light snack about 4 servings. Prep time includes time needed for zucchini to drain properly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the zucchini and put it in a colander. Sprinkle salt on top and leave it to drain for 1 hour.
- 2Beat the eggs lightly and place in a mixing bowl then add the rest of the ingredients (except zucchini).
- 3Drain the zucchini well between the palms of your hands and add to the mixture; mix lightly.
- 4Put the oil in a frying pan and heat well.
- 5To make each fritter use a tablespoon to take a scoop from the mixture and with the aid of another spoon push it into the frying pan.
- 6Fry the fritters for a few minutes until they are nicely browned. Drain on towels on a plate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Fritters (Kolokithopitta)
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.8
- Calories from Fat 557
- Total Fat 61.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 164.4 mg
- Sodium 685.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 14.4 g