Prep1 hr 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6 for Greece Region: These tasty fritters are very easy to prepare and can be served as a side dish or as a light snack on their own. Found on Authentic Greek Recipes website. Not sure of the amount of servings but I'm guessing for an appetizer or light snack about 4 servings. Prep time includes time needed for zucchini to drain properly.
- Grate the zucchini and put it in a colander. Sprinkle salt on top and leave it to drain for 1 hour.
- Beat the eggs lightly and place in a mixing bowl then add the rest of the ingredients (except zucchini).
- Drain the zucchini well between the palms of your hands and add to the mixture; mix lightly.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and heat well.
- To make each fritter use a tablespoon to take a scoop from the mixture and with the aid of another spoon push it into the frying pan.
- Fry the fritters for a few minutes until they are nicely browned. Drain on towels on a plate.
Great fritters! We especially liked the addition of the mint. The fritters are light and fresh, probably due to the absence of flour in the batter. They have to be fried carefully, as they can break up. Mine had a very nice yellow colour, not due to cheese, but to the orangey yolks of the free-range eggs! This made a great side dish with roast chicken (and 2 salads). Thank you, HokiesMom!
These were mostly delicious. Universally in our grou at least, these were a bit too salty. I didn't add any extra salt, and didn't use much salt for the zucchini. Next time I'll cut back on feta and may rinse the zucchini before use.
These are fantastic fritters, I adored them. Going to make them again and again