Prep1 hr 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6 for Greece Region: These tasty fritters are very easy to prepare and can be served as a side dish or as a light snack on their own. Found on Authentic Greek Recipes website. Not sure of the amount of servings but I'm guessing for an appetizer or light snack about 4 servings. Prep time includes time needed for zucchini to drain properly.
- Grate the zucchini and put it in a colander. Sprinkle salt on top and leave it to drain for 1 hour.
- Beat the eggs lightly and place in a mixing bowl then add the rest of the ingredients (except zucchini).
- Drain the zucchini well between the palms of your hands and add to the mixture; mix lightly.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and heat well.
- To make each fritter use a tablespoon to take a scoop from the mixture and with the aid of another spoon push it into the frying pan.
- Fry the fritters for a few minutes until they are nicely browned. Drain on towels on a plate.