Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This frittata from Canadian Living has a decidedly Greek feel about it - it is flavoured with dill, feta and kalamata olives. I love it for supper with a serving of Greek-style oven fries on the side but it would be a wonderful brunch dish also.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 9 kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- In a large non-stick ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; cook the onion, zucchini and garlic, stirring often, for 5 to 8 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in the red pepper and dill.
- Pour into the skillet; reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Sprinkle with the feta and olives; cook for 10 minutes or until the bottom and side are firm yet the top is still slightly runny.
- Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown and set.
- Cut into wedges.